Practical safety Intervention (aka MAPA)
Most prestigious course within Mental Health sector. NISI have demonstrated their training services comply with the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards. This is a rigorous process that is accredited by UKAS as meeting the ISO standards for certification.
To book your Safety Interventions training in next course please contact our trainer directly on 07525353196
Basic Life Support
Basic Life Support including use of Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) which is available to all our candidates.
Face Fit Training
Face Fit Testing ensures the correct fitting of respiratory equipment, including record keeping and the correct disposal of respiratory protection equipment (RPE).
What will you Learn:
Recognise and manage the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach;
Deliver standardised CPR in adults;
Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation;
Become an effective and confident team member and leader by utilising non-technical skills.
This course covers Basic Life Support skills and includes skills for Adult, Child and Infant as well as healthcare variations on infant CPR. The course includes Safety, precautions, initial assessment, recovery position, CPR, compression-only CPR, CPR handover and choking. This is ideal for nurses, care workers or medical professionals needing annual updates to complete professional membership. In most cases, this course is ideal as an online-only course but if you need a practice session as well we have a network of approved instructors where we can offer the course as blended including a short practise session. Please contact us to discuss the practical part of your training.
This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations.
Our Basic Life Support courses have been designed to meet all the required learning outcomes and are aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework or UK-CSTF. This includes both level 2 adult and paediatric patient care. The course is also Skills for Care Endorsed and follows the requirements set out in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for adult and Paediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) basic life support (BLS).
The course is valid for one year, complies with the latest ERC and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines and can be done 100% online, blended or classroom-based nationally.
Practical safety Intervention
Most prestigious course within Mental Health sector this programme trains professionals in health, education and social care settings to identify behaviour that indicates an escalation toward aggressive and violent behaviour, assessing the risk of those behaviours on the person, the staff and others and responding appropriately.
This course is recommended for staff working in health and social care who need to prevent and/or intervene in crisis situations.
- Identify and know how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviours.
- Recognise how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in a crisis situation.
- Learn strategies to strengthen non-verbal communication.
- Develop limit-setting strategies when verbally intervening to de-escalate defensive behaviours.
- Learn safety intervention strategies to maximise safety and minimise harm.
- Explore the Physical Skills Review Framework and key legal and professional considerations when using restrictive interventions.
- Explore the Decision-Making Matrix when assessing Risk Behaviour.
- Demonstrate and practise non-restrictive and restrictive interventions that are consistent with a set of physiological principles.
- Explore a framework to help guide staff and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and .
And move the e-learning module names to bottom of the page so it focuses on more of what the business offers.
NISI Offer Free In house Training with our certified instructors
All our staff undertake annual training in the areas listed below with the Healthier Business Group they are compliance provider to the healthcare recruitment sector, all aligned with the Core Skills Training Framework and Skills for Health programme.